I specialize in family and newborn photography. I LOVE to photograph families in their homes, where everyone can be free to be themselves. All of my newborn and family storytelling sessions take place in the home. Family sessions can take place at home, or in a lovely outdoor location that is convenient for all of us.
What is Included?
All of my family and newborn packages include credit that you may redeem for prints from my professional lab. For example, with the $100 credit from a full family session, you could select one 16×20 print and two 4×6 prints. Or, you could use the $100 as a credit toward the purchase of something a little more exciting, like a giant canvas for your wall. I NEED you to walk away from our session with some professional-grade prints. I use only Kodak Endura paper in a lustre finish, which looks and feels amazing. I also create heirloom-quality lay-flat photo albums. I will gladly assist you with making your print selections, especially when it comes to sizing and placement in your home. I know how important digitals are, so I am happy to offer packages that include all of your session’s digital images.
Where Does All of This Happen?
I am happy to meet you at a mutually-agreed-upon location within a 20 mile radius of Needham, MA. I love to shoot at clients’ homes (all newborn and storytelling sessions take place in the home), but I also love to meet in lovely parks and public spaces. For a small fee, I am happy to travel beyond my normal area.
What Do You Charge?
I firmly believe that good family photography is and should be an investment. Just as you would not book a contractor on price alone, you should not book a photographer based on what she charges. I want to connect with each of my families, and get to know them well. My goal is to grow long-lasting relationships, not one-off transactional relationships. I am honored to connect with the same families year-over-year. If you are interested, in booking a session, I am happy to speak with you one-on-one to discuss your budget and your goals. I am also happy to accept your session payment in installments. New in 2019: expecting parents may register for a newborn session as a baby shower gift! Please contact me to learn more.
What the Heck Should We Wear?
I am a big fan of comfort and keeping it simple. Of course, this can be interpreted in countless ways. My rule of thumb is to wear something that is similar to what you would wear if you were going to a daytime party. Jeans are always great, as are maxi-dresses. Keep the dressy shoes and high heels at home, unless they are wedges. Do you all need to match? Nope. Should you run to the mall and buy the same color top for everyone? Nope (your future self will thank you.) However, I DO have ONE RULE, and it is for the mama of the family to give herself enough time to actually try on her outfit and check herself out in front of the mirror at home to make sure that she feels comfortable and BEAUTIFUL. Kids always look great. No one really cares what the men wear. (sorry, guys!) Ladies, make sure to treat yourselves it you want to. Buy that new sweater/jacket/scarf/chunky necklace that you have had your eye on. After all, these photos are forever.
The Family Session: Packages Begin at $500
- Up to one hour of shoot time for up to 6 people at a mutually-agreed-upon location
- Bigger family? No problem! Simply add $50 per additional person
- Your session will result in at least 50 hand-edited, gorgeous images of your family.
- Please contact me to inquire about extended-family sessions.
The Family Storytelling Session: $1000
- This session was born out of my friends’ desire to have photos that are similar to those that I take of my own kids at home: casual, playful, unposed, and full of emotion.
- You get me for up to 2 hours of shoot time in the comfort of your own home.
- Your session will result in approximately 100 hand-edited, gorgeous photos of you being you. Want to bake? Play catch? Have a dance party in the kitchen? Jump on the beds? Read stories? Yes, please!
- The session fee includes a hardbound keepsake coffee table album featuring your favorite session images, $200 in print credit, and a full digital download of your images with a print release.
- Please contact me to learn more.
Newborn (up to 3 months old) Memories: Packages Begin at $800
- Up to two hours of shoot time in the comfort of your own home
- Your session will result in about 100 hand-edited, gorgeous photos of your little one, along with a variety of family portraits featuring siblings–human and pet!
- Your high-res digital images are included with the purchase of a newborn session.
- Please contact me to learn more.
Mini-Session: Pricing begins at $400
- Once or twice a year (spring and autumn) I offer a limited number of 20-minute mini-sessions to my existing clients.
- The fee includes 10-15 high-res digitals from your photo session with print release, plus a coupon for 20% off of your print purchase.
Head Shots and Corporate Work
I am happy to come to your place of business to photograph you and your colleagues. In addition to doing professional head shots, I also do atmospheric photography, which is fantastic for web sites and branding materials. My clients include The Harvard School of Public Health, Solid Biosciences, Mobius Executive Leadership, Beth Israel Deaconess Hospital-Needham, First Baptist Church Nursery School, and Noah’s Ark Preschool, the FUSE School, and The Charles River Center.